School hours are from 9.00 am to 1.45 pm for Junior and Senior Infants and from 9.00 am to 2.45 pm for 1st to 6th classes. There are two breaks during the day, a short outdoor one from 11.00 to 11.15 and a longer outdoor break from 12.50 to 1.20.
Due to Health and Safety concerns, Parents/Guardians must co-operate with the following:
- Gates in the morning open at 8:40 am. No children to be left outside school before this time.
- After school each child is to be collected from the class teacher at the school gates. It is essential to be on time so that children do not get upset or worried.
If a child is not to be collected at the school gate, it is imperative that the child’s teacher is given written permission by the parent/guardian, stating clearly where the child is to go or how the child is to be collected. This permission is to be dated and signed.
- If your child will not be picked up on an ongoing basis at the school gate, you must give written permission to the class teacher at the start of each school year.
- It is imperative that parents/guardians of children who attend Bunscoil Mhuire and avail of the private bus companies, inform school about their specific arrangements and any changes to the same.
- For safety reasons – PLEASE observe parking regulations outside the school – NEVER park or stop to drop off your child at the bay that is reserved for disabled vehicles or for the school buses. You are also advised that you should never park on the double yellow lines. Teach your children to use the zebra crossing and use it yourself when escorting children to and from the school.